Friday, June 24, 2011

Not Your Average BLT


So this is not going to win me any awards for being the prettiest thing I've made lately, but I have to tell you that it is delicious and I have to share it.

I actually didn't like bacon until about 6 months ago.  6 months ago I would've never made anything with bacon in it.  I would have thought it was disgusting and artery-clogging and chewy.  I hate the fat on meat and that was all I thought bacon was.  Chewy fat.

Thank goodness my husband has an affection for bacon and forced me to try it.  He cooked it well so it wasn't chewy and I loved it!  He's a great man.

So anyways, since bacon was newly discovered I had to do everything I could with it and this sandwich was born.  The cranberries really add a lot to the sandwich.  Do not omit.

Just go ahead and try it and love it and just be happy.

Enjoy!



Not Your Average BLT
  • 2 slices thick, crusty bread, toasted
  • Bacon, 3 strips
  • Lettuce
  • Craisins (dried cranberries)
  • Avocado, sliced
  • Honey mustard
  • Mayonnaise
  1. Fry your bacon and toast your bread. Spread mayonnaise and honey mustard on the toast.  Layer lettuce, craisins, avocado, and bacon on the sandwich. 
  2. Smush together and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment