Not to be dramatic, but this is perfect pizza crust.
Pizza is a staple in my home, no joke. I make pizza for dinner at least once a week. Twice this week since I made Thai Chicken Pizza yesterday for dinner then loved it so much I made it again tonight.
When you're eating pizza this often, insanely delicious crust is a must.
So I searched and tested and cried and searched and ate and gained 5 pounds and then I found it.
The perfect pizza crust. Its yummy and easy. Minimal rising.
The Perfect Pizza Crust
- 1 3/4-2 cups bread flour (bread flour is a MUST!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- In a small bowl combine the warm water, yeast, honey, and olive oil. Let yeast proof for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, and oregano. Add the yeast mixture once it has proofed. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Let rise for 10 minutes over the warm over (as it preheats). Roll out in a circle and place on a cornmeal sprinkled pan.
- Cover with toppings and bake at 475 for 15 minutes.