Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pan Grilled Tilapia and Roasted Veggies

Two posts in one day, and this post is a food post - considering I haven't posted about food on here for about two years makes this kind of a big deal... to no one in particular except me.

I still use my blog as a personal recipe book and often search and bake stuff from here. It's been quite convenient and this is a recipe I want to keep and make again, hence the pause in my posting hiatus.


The meal is pretty simple, quick and cheap which basically sums up my cooking endeavors since we moved here and I have no time to cook anymore. In an attempt to eat healthier I bought a bag of frozen tilapia at Costco and have loved adding it to our rotation of meals.


Pan Grilled Tilapia and Roasted Veggies

For the Tilapia
  • 1-2 tilapia fillets, thawed if previously frozen
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • onion power to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • Ferry Building Spice Blend to taste (or any variety seasoning that has dill, dried shallot, lemon peel and celery seed) 
    • side note, before I had this blend I would just use chili powder instead and it was great too, but I prefer this now.
For the Veggies
  • handful of small fingerling potatoes, cut in half
  • 3 cloves minces garlic
  • handful of asparagus
  • 3 TBS butter, melted
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to broil.
  2. Place the potatoes and garlic on a foil lined cookie sheet, cover with butter, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 10- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  3. Cover the fish with the spices and rub it to coat. Let sit for several minutes while potatoes cook. Spray a grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Once the potatoes have cooked for 10-15 minutes, turn the grill pan heat to medium and let it heat up while you prep the asparagus.
  4. Once the potatoes have cooked for 10-15 minutes and are golden brown, add the asparagus to the cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and cook for 5 additional minutes.
  5. As soon as you put the asparagus in the oven, place the fish on the grill pan and turn heat to medium-high. Let cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. The fish should be opaque all the way through when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment