Wednesday, November 30, 2011

baked alfredo tortellini pasta with grilled chicken and roasted tomatoes


I made that for dinner. I imagined it up in my head at work and I came home and made it.


Then I took a few pictures. They all came out looking like a heap of hot mess.


After that I ate two plates worth even though I was full after the first plate.

Bienvenu à ma vie.


P.S. How was your thanksgiving? Mine was beautiful. Exhibit A, B, and C:





Anyway, here's how I made the stuff I was talking about before:

 Baked Alfredo Tortellini Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Roasted Tomatoes

Total prep and cook time: 25 minutes
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 1 roma tomato, diced and seeds removed
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • 1 cup pasta (I prefer penne)
  • 1/2 cup tortellini
  • alfredo sauce
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  1. Boil water. Once the water boils, add the pasta. When the pasta has 1 minute until it is done (after about 13 minutes of cooking) add the tortellini for 1 minute. Drain.
  2. Take 1 chicken breast and cut off all the sick parts (you know what I am talking about, veins, white flubber sickness, etc.). Pound the chicken until it is flat-ish. Generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. 
  3. Turn the oven on to broil.
  4. Grill the chicken on a grill pan for about 5 minutes over medium heat then flip it over and add the diced tomatoes to the pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
  5. Place the pasta in a buttered 8 inch casserole dish. Add the alfredo sauce and mix well until evenly coated. Top with chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the top on the pasta and chicken. Broil for 5 minutes until melty and bubbly.
  6. Eat and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment