Thursday, March 31, 2011

Strawberry Nutella Panini


I have been in a bit of a strawberry craze lately. You, know, it is that time of the year and strawberries are my favorite fruit. For my birthday every year I get a strawberry cream cheese pie, not a cake, because that's how I roll. It is one of those traditions I love and look forward to every year.

On an unrelated note, tomorrow is the first of April. That means I graduate in 23 days. Then I have to get a real job and help support the fam and whatnot and I am midly terrified. Not more living from semester to semester.

That can be scary for a girl who has known nothing but school for the last 18 years of her life.

So what do you do when all you've ever known is passing you by? You make a Strawberry Nutella Panini. Duh.  I decided to try this concoction a few days ago when I was eating a bowl of strawberries and decided to dunk just one in Nutella. It was really good. Really, really good in fact! So I started thinking about what I could do with the mix and decided to give this a go.

I was a little apprehensive because I thought that maybe the strawberries would get warm and that would be gross. Then I thought about putting butter on the outside of the bread to toast it on the panini maker and that sounded icky too.  But in the spirit of adventure I pressed on and was really glad I did.

It was yum! I put hardly any butter on the outside which was a pro, and two light layers of Nutella on both bread slices which was a con. Next time I will be a little more liberal with my Nutella application because I wanted more! I also put a thing layer of strawberries in the middle. Perfect. The strawberries did not get mushy and the Nutella was melty perfect.

Enjoy!


Strawberry Nutella Panini

  • Thick, crusty bread
  • Nutella spread
  • One large strawberry
  • 1/2 tsp butter
  1.  Lightly butter the outsides of two slices of bread.
  2. Generously spread Nutella on the opposite sides of bread.
  3. Strategically place strawberries in a single layer on one slice of bread. 
  4. Put in panini makers or grill pan until browned. 
  5. Eat immediately.

2 comments: