I know this is my second cookie post in a week and I probably should hide the fact that I make cookies compulsively, but you can never have enough cookies. Plus, Andrew wanted some and what Andrew wants, Andrew gets.
Chocolate chip cookies are a tricky thing. So traditional and simple and prevalent yet a great recipe is hard to find. Luckily you have me and I found one.
I am here for you.
The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You'll Ever Need
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- enough chocolate chips for your liking (I use about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cream the shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Stirring after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Add chocolate chips by hand.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.